Epoxy flooring for veterinary clinics is an excellent solution for veterinary offices. These high-traffic areas experience exposure to various liquids and substances that can create slippery floors.
The floors need to be solid and durable to withstand the wear and tear of day-to-day activities.
Epoxy flooring offers a long-lasting, durable, and easy-to-clean solution that can meet the demands of the pet industry. If you’re a vet who wants to upgrade their care solutions, consider looking at the benefits of this investment.
Why Veterinarians Benefit from Having Epoxy Floors
Epoxy flooring for veterinary clinics can fit the design and style of each vet office. These floors offer different visual options to create a warm and inviting environment for pets and their people.
Once installed, the professional look and feel of the office are immediately lifted. Even though the colour can reflect branding or personality, a UV-rated product can also prevent fading or shade-changing issues, making the floor feel dated, faded, and old.
Even when blood, urine, or other fluids spill on the floor, the water-resistant nature of epoxy products prevents the liquids from penetrating through the surface to the subfloor. That feature significantly reduces damage risks while removing a potential breeding ground for bacteria and other harmful organisms.
How Epoxy Flooring for Veterinary Clinics Encourages Industry Compliance
Epoxy flooring is a floor type comprising several layers of epoxy resin applied to a concrete subfloor. The resin is a chemical compound made of a two-part mixture with a hardener. This mixture creates a robust, water-resistant surface that can be customised with various colours, patterns, and textures.
Epoxy floors can encourage regulation compliance in several ways, particularly in industries with strict regulations. Here are some of the ways in which epoxy floors can promote regulatory compliance.
- Safety is a top priority in most industries, and epoxy floors can help promote safety in the workplace. Epoxy floors can be treated with slip-resistant coatings, which can help prevent slips, trips, and falls. In addition, epoxy floors can also be designed with coloured demarcations, which can indicate different areas of the workplace, such as hazardous areas or emergency exits.
- Epoxy floors are incredibly durable and can withstand heavy foot traffic, as well as exposure to chemicals and liquids. By choosing this option, vets can ensure that their floors are able to withstand the demands of the pet industry, which can help them comply with regulations related to workplace safety and durability.
- These floors are easy to clean and maintain, which is essential in a veterinarian’s office. Pets are often nervous when placed in this environment, leading to messes that require immediate attention to maintain a sanitary examination space. This option is easily cleaned with detergents and disinfectants.
- The flooring is made up of non-toxic ingredients that have low volatile organic compound ratings. There are fewer worries regarding fumes or harmful chemicals when pets are rolling on the floor or have prolonged exposure to treated surfaces.
- Epoxy floors are recyclable. That makes it an eco-friendly option for veterinarians looking to reduce their office’s carbon footprint.
The surface of the epoxy flooring can be treated with a slip-resistant coating to prevent slips and falls, especially in areas where the floor may become wet. This benefit can help reduce the risk of injury to the animals and the staff.
Can Epoxy Floors Stand Up to the Traffic in a Vet’s Office?
Pets throughout the community come to their local veterinarian daily. The waiting and examination rooms are high-traffic areas that need an excellent durability rating to support that environment. An epoxy floor delivers this outcome.
Epoxy flooring for veterinary clinics is known for its durability because of the properties of the epoxy resin used in their construction.
Epoxy resin is a thermosetting polymer that is made up of two parts: the resin and the hardener. When the resin and hardener are mixed, they create a chemical reaction that causes the material to harden and become solid.
This reaction translates to an impact-resistant, chemical-resistant, abrasion-resistant, water-resistant, temperature-resistant, and long-lasting flooring option. That makes it an ideal solution for veterinary offices and pet industry businesses as a whole.
Epoxy flooring is a fantastic solution for veterinary offices. The durability, ease of cleaning, customisation options, water-resistance qualities, slip-resistance features, and environmental benefits make it an ideal option for this busy and demanding environment. It is an investment that can provide long-term benefits to veterinary offices while helping to create a safe and hygienic environment for the animals and their caregivers. Contact our team today to find out more!